Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 13 - Dry Run

The Making of a Service Dog Team - Suzan & Logan's two week team training

We started out at the training center today and I opened the door and shut those cupboard doors forcefully just like Auntie Nora predicted. I even opened the refrigerator door which I had never done before!

Then we were off to the mall to go through a dry run of our public access test tomorrow which went perfect! Suzan is so proud of me! Here is a photo of me doing an "under" under a table at lunch. I did almost everything I did yesterday plus I had to "down" next to a french fry and ignore it. That was hard but I did it. I love french fries, especially when they're hot. I think I love them even more than peanut butter!

I surprised Dad today. Suzan showed him how I could pick up a quarter off the floor and give it to her. His jaw dropped, that was funny!

Suzan thought you would enjoy this photo of me with my new fire hydrant toy box for Loganland. For those of you who are late coming to my blog, Suzan is setting up the backyard to be Loganland, like Disneyland but for dogs. I hope to have my doggie friends over to play. This is my off duty face. When my vest is on, I put on my work face which is very serious.
Well, wish us luck tomorrow! If all goes well we will be an official certified service dog team this time tomorrow!

7 comments:

SchoolPsyc said...

I am sure you will come through with flying colors. Brains and Beauty for sure!

OlRedHair said...

Logan, I know you and Suzan will do beautifully tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you. We loved the picture of your neat new toy box. You are right, your expression is really different when you are off duty. Loganland sounds like so much fun. Molly would love to get a ticket. Have fun tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Logan, you are one awesome pup, picking up a quarter!!!!!, I have trouble picking up a quarter.
Leaving a french fry, wow.
You will do just great tomorrow and you two are just fantastic.

OlRedHair said...

Logan, I'll bet Mom gets you a whole order of french fries to celebrate today! I'll be thinking of you and know you will pass with flying colors. Will you wear a different vest once you are fully certified?

Angel Logan said...

Auntie Nora, no french fries but Mom did get me a NY strip steak!

I will have a new vest next week that's similar to my old vest but with a zippered pocket and of course it will say "Service Dog" instead of "Service Dog in Training"!

Angel Logan said...

Is it Uncle Bob or Auntie Sheila who has trouble picking up a quarter? I need to know so I can be on the lookout at Goldstock!

Anonymous said...

It's uncle Bob who has the problem picking up quarters with his old arthritic hands. So Logan we need you to keep a sharp eye out.