Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Play Ball!

I bet you thought I meant a tennis ball or something but I'm talking about BASEBALL! Suzan organized a volunteer appreciation night for My Wonderful Dog volunteers at the Portland Sea Dogs game thanks to the generous donation of tickets by Craig Cooper of Rainbow Construction here in Maine. The Portland Sea Dogs are the Double-A minor league affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. But don't ask me what a sea dog is, Slugger the mascot looks like a cross between a seal and a dog.

Here I am enjoying the game.
Some of the current My Wonderful Dog service dogs in training came with their puppy raisers. The small black pup is Freida, then my former housemate Darla and finally Flip. They did really well even when everyone was stomping and the stands were vibrating! Way to go pups!
The sign says "Welcome My Wonderful Dog", how cool is that?

4 comments:

OlRedHair said...

What a neat event. And such a great way for the puppers in training to be exposed to a new experience.

Logan looks so happy working with Suzan. They are obviously a wonderful (no pun intended) match. I still think Logan is the most beautiful Golden I have ever seen. And Suzan certainly keeps her impeccably groomed. It looks as though a good time was had by all!

Speak(er) said...

Hi Suzan and Logan:

I hope all is well in Loganland.

emmab11086 said...

Hi Suzan and Logan,
I am a student at the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies and I have been in contact with My Wonderful Dog in hopes to follow around a service dog team like yourself and Logan. I was browsing for more information online about service dogs because Jess has yet to get back to me with any willing canidates and came along your blog. What I am hoping to do is document how people (you hopefully) use man's best friend really as their best friend, not just a pet. If you could please contact me as soon as possible, I would greatly appreciate it. If you aren't interested, maybe you have connections to another therapy dog team that you could give me? Thanks and Happy Halloween!!!
ebouthillette@mail.une.edu
207-468-9617

Service Dog Badges said...

Looks like a great training opportunity and a fun outing on top of that